Saturday, August 28, 2010

Delayed Devotion




You should've told me you loved me in the first place when you felt it, not on some wittled piece of paper which reads like an edited halmark card. You could've apologized sooner and made things repairable. You should say sorry, and you should mean it. You should feel some sort of remorse, compassion, or regret towards the situation. You can't see it from my point of view because it would shed light on the truth. You insist on twisting things to where they benefit you and responsibility for actions isn't an attribute you carry around. You should treat people you 'love' with love. People make mistakes and mess up, they apologize and evolve from it. I should've tried to hear you out sooner. I could've said the three words that hold weight when I felt them. I shouldn't have to beg for an apology. I should be patient with the situation but the way the words float from your lips towards my ears, has left my guard up and my heart down. I proceed with caution, I take heeds of warning, I have a brand new stack of bricks to make walls where the old ones once stood. You made progress, but that progress was swept up with lies that I was led to believe were truths. I should've known. I should've seen. I shouldn't care.
But I do.
And any more delay, this thing is going to lose its zeal.
You should make it right, because hanging on forever isn't an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change Your Mind. Change Your Life.