Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Here's a toast to the never have I evers

This past week (end) has been chalked full of the never have I evers. Some broadened my perspective, others I think I could have done without. Although theres a funny story or "fuck my life" quote to go along with each one, having those experiences made me realize how very blessed I am, not only to be healthy and living well, but to have some pretty amazing people willing to spend their time with me, willing to adventure with me, and those of whom, most importantly, let me be myself without having to apologize; yes booger eating and all.
Out on friday night with a few friends who handle liquor the way Warren Moon can handle a football, I am immersing myself back into the culture that should be the norm for someone my age. I should be going out, slurpin' amongst the douchebags and loose women not having to worry about waking up at 5 am to go to work. But instead I chose a different route for life, the road less traveled and as a sinister woman 32 years my senior would say "obviously you like to do everything the hard way", my mom's a real sweetheart.
Do I miss going out and acting as though tomorrow may never come and the tap will run dry? You bet, do I pride myself on the responsibilities I've chosen for myself and face everyday reminding me of who I am and what I stand for? Even moreso. You see here is the basis of my being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change Your Mind. Change Your Life.